Notifying a claim or complaint against a PAMIA Member
As a member organisation it is important to realise that the Claims Team is on your side. They have years of experience. Early notice of any potential problem often means situations can be diffused before they get more serious.
Typical circumstances that warrant an early claims notification might include:
- You become aware that you may have made an error or omission which could result in a loss of your client’s rights.
- You become aware that you may have given negligent advice.
- You receive a letter of claim from a former client.
- You receive a letter of complaint from a former client which makes allegations of negligence and/or which seeks compensation (as opposed to a reduction in fees).
- You receive a letter from IPREG asking for your comments on a complaint that has been made by your client, or a third party.
- You receive a letter from IPREG indicating that you are to face charges.
- You receive a claim form and/or particulars of claim.
If you are in doubt about whether notification is appropriate or simply want advice and guidance, please feel free to call us. We will be more than happy to help and whatever your query is, the chances are we will have come across it before. Simply contact our Claims Team:
020 7204 2532
020 7204 2531
020 7204 2544